If individuals are exposed to COVID and have no symptoms:
- If you have been fully vaccinated and it has been at least 14 days since your last dose of a two-dose vaccine or 14 days since a one-dose vaccine, you do not need to quarantine. The WDH recommends that you wear a mask for 14 days following your exposure or until you’ve received a negative COVID-19 test result. Testing is recommended 3-5 days after exposure.
- Unvaccinated individuals who are masked when exposed to an individual with COVID who is also masked will NOT have to quarantine, in the school setting.
- Unvaccinated individuals who are not masked when exposed to COVID WILL have to quarantine.
If individuals are exposed to COVID and are experiencing symptoms:
Fully vaccinated individuals, masked individuals and unmasked individuals who have been exposed to COVID and ARE experiencing symptoms of COVID 19 must:
- Quarantine and seek medical attention if needed.
- Call for testing.
Return to School or Work:
You may return to school or work when:
- You have received a negative test result OR
- At least 24 hours have passed with no fever, without the help of fever reducers; others symptoms have improved; and at least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.